Posts tagged happiness
Posts tagged happiness
I see you.
I SEE YOU.
I see that it takes all of you to get out of bed in the morning,
that you are using all your strength to dress and clothe yourselves,
that sometimes it feels like the effort to walk to the door is so much-
so you don’t.
I see you.
I see that sometimes you’re overwhelmed by this invisible weight weighing on you so heavily that you can’t continue.
I see you.
I know that you put your every, single, bit of strength into just being here.
Body love and body positivity doesn’t come easy for a lot of us, and sometimes we can fall into emptiness and that is something that needs to be combatted by help from others.
You’re all amazing- you’re worth it and you’re not alone <3
I’m 21. I have been struggling with EDNOS for about a year and with body image issues for my whole life. This photo was taken the day after a two-day binge. And I’m still okay. There are times that I want so badly to be back at my lowest weight, where malnutrition and overexercising had me losing my hair and not getting my period. But I look at this photo, and despite everything my eating disorder is telling me, I kind of like how I look. I kind of think I look…good.
Don’t underestimate your value because you are worth every minute of happiness, joy, peace, and every minute of self love, and care.
You are worth it.
Hey you beautiful people! This is me in my body I’ve just started to love.
Since elementary school I’ve been that chubby kid that the others have judged by her looks. It was hard for a 7-year-old me to handle all the comments and personal problems at home… It lead to exclusion and self-hatred. Like it wasn’t enough, in 7th grade my “friends” and parents started to comment my weight. Even my nurse was proud of me when I managed to lose a couple pounds.
Finally, after moving away and going to high school where I’m accepted as who I am, I became more self-confident. Last summer I noticed that I didn’t hide my body under oversized clothes anymore. Using tank tops and skinny jeans is totally fine now. But the thing that really opened my eyes happened this fall when my friend said that I’m not any heavier than couple of my other friends even I had always thought so.
So, believe me, YOU are beautiful, I am beautiful, EVERYONE is beautiful!
Good morning you guys! What’s happening?
In the face of a miserable day about to be I’m looking it dead on and saying “NO! Screw you I’m gonna make this day amazing!”
Join me 😊
What are 5 things you’re thankful for today? What are 5 things you like about yourself today? Post it and tag me #stopchasingcloudschallenge
Katie’s been working on a 30 day vlog challenge dedicated to helping those dealing with recovery- that could be recovery with self harm, eating disorders, negative self hate behaviours of any kind, or those who are struggling through the holiday season with mental health.
It’s a tough time of year and sometimes talking it out helps!
IF YOU HAVE ANY VIDEO REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS FOR HER SEND THEM HERE
And if you’re dealing with any of these issues and need some resources to find help in your area or deal with some negative behaviours? CLICK HERE
Make this holiday season about falling in love with yourself and learning to accept yourself! Make daily self love affirmations on your blog (at least 5) and tag them #stopchasingcloudschallenge !
You’re all worth the effort for recovery, and self love sometimes it just takes time and patience and knowing someone out there cares!
Sometimes it’s really hard to be positive, especially when it feels like the odds are against us.
But it can make a world of a difference just welcoming positivity into your life, be it by sweeping clean your Facebook/tumblr ”friends” of toxic people, following more positive blogs and getting away from things that my trigger negative thoughts or behaviours.
Baby steps toward positivity slowly creates a better environment and you can slowly start to eliminate the outside negativity in your life that you can at least control!
It’s not something that can help everything but it does make a difference and is worth the effort <3
I love you all- stay strong!
HAPPY HEALTHY HOLIDAYS!
Hey all I’m so excited to share this 30 day series with you! Hopefully we can work together to create a series of videos that bring awareness to the issues of mental health as well as create a great tool kit for those struggling! The holidays are hard but we can make them a bit easier on ourselves by being proactive with our recovery!
Please reblog and share this with friends and family who may be struggling or anyone you think would benefit from learning more about mental health!
Today Wednesday the 23 I share with you the challenge to be positive about yourself! Everyday through this series I want you all to send me your positive affirmations (see if you can do 5!) either in my ask box or tag me with #stopchasingcloudschallenge!
You’re all amazing! Watch out for my new video tomorrow where I show you my personal self soothe kit and give you tips on how to create your own!
(Images of Self love from SelfLoveU.com Credit to: Jenna Ryan)
Self love is a tricky one, you can’t gain it without sad realizations that maybe not everyone out in this world is there for you, that maybe not everyone out there in the world will like the way you look. You have to learn to accept your differences, and your “imperfections”, you have to realize that you aren’t always strong enough to handle situations on your own. It also means that sometimes being alone, and your own best friend is all you’ll have so make peace with yourself now, otherwise it will be harder when that time comes.
These are some things I’ve learned the hard way, and I thought I’d make a list to help you all have an easier time of it. You’re amazing, learn to realize that as soon as you can, because when you do, you’ll be so happy.
1) Admitting Your Mistakes: harbouring negative prideful feelings just perpetuates unneeded negativity and stress in your life. If you’re trying to cover up a mistake, or draw attention away from it, you’re creating an overwhelming task for yourself just based on your own pride. Accept that you made a mistake, and take that in stride when you move forward!
2) Blissfully Being Alone 3) Your Own Best Friend: SO IMPORTANT! You cannot be happy with others be that intimately or just as friends without first learning to be happy with yourself alone. Without this you become dependent on your counterparts and being alone is a much more difficult experience causing anxiety and loneliness.
4) Forgive Yourself! Sometimes we all make mistakes, it’s hard and it’s painful but holding in that sadness and self doubt and hate only perpetuates your suffering when there is no need. Recently I lost a lot of important photos because of computer trouble, it wasn’t my fault but I took on this responsibility and hated myself for what happened. Only when I talked about how I was feeling and let it all out was I able to realize that it would all be okay, the world hadn’t stopped and I could keep going and learn from this. YOU NEED TO FORGIVE YOURSELF!
5) Facing Reality: Life doesn’t work the way you want it to in most cases, you need to realize this sooner than later. End of story.
6) Ask for help!: Sometimes our own pride gets in the way of our potential to grow and progress in our work, and in our lives. You need to ask for help if you have difficulties with something! It is better to ask and succeed, than to let your pride get into the way causing you to fail in a more obvious and substantial way in the end.
7) Take Time for Hobbies: As an artist I know how important this truly is, taking time for yourself and what you enjoy aside from work and family life is very important. You need the time to get inspired, grow emotionally/intellectually and live life to the fullest! ALWAYS TAKE THE CHANCES YOU HAVE TO HAVE FUN!
8) Embrace “Imperfections”: We’re never going to attain perfection in societies eyes, so before you say your freckles, belly rolls, thunder thighs, scrawny wrists/ankles, thin hair, thick hair, curly hair, straight hair, dark skin, olive skin, pasty white skin, etc; are bad things- THEY’RE NOT! It’s what separates you from the rest!
9) Bonding With Yourself: take time every week to wind down and have your own time, if you have the money go out for a spa day, if you don’t? Have your own at home spa day making all natural products! Get a book you love, go someplace nostalgic, go see a movie alone that you’ve been wanting to see!
In the end, it’s all about self love, and you need to work hard to maintain it but it is so worth it in the end!
I hope you all find your happiness!
It’s that time of year again! Heart shaped chocolates, roses and other themes of love floating throughout the air- For those who aren’t feeling the love, it can be quite suffocating.
Guess what?! Valentines day isn’t just for couples! Shocking eh?
Valentines day is for anyone with a heart, and you can take it upon yourself throughout this week to challenge yourself to go the extra mile with your lovin’! Call your family members that you love, and remind them that you’re thinking about them, make little cards for your best friends with something special for all of them! Take the time this week to work on your own self love, light some candles and take a relaxing bath and read a book, watch your favourite movie, get dressed up and go out to a party!
Valentines day is for ANYONE WITH A HEART! SO MAKE USE OF YOURS AND GO GETTEM TIGER!
And remember I love you all! -KATE
This weekend I hosted a party at my house for 7 young girls who were 14 heading into high school in the fall.
I did this because I went through a lot of self hatred, self harm, an bad relationship, all on top of school work and it was really, really hard. So I wanted to have a night to be real and hang out with these girls and give them some advice on how to better love themselves and have a better high school experience…
It was wonderful! They all loved it and want to do it again, and they really loved being able to talk about issues that were pressing on them and frustrated them.
But at the same time it was also sad, because every single one of these 7 girls was upset about some aspect of their bodies, their stomachs weren’t flat enough, their eyes were too far apart, they looked to young, they had ugly hair, they hated their chests… The list could go on and on, and it’s so sad that this is the case for almost every girl I know at this age.
Girls, I write this to you today to say:
You are beautiful, you are worthy of all the love you receive and you are worthy of so much more than even that!
Your stomachs are beautiful at any size, your eyes are gorgeous, your hair is wonderful, you, yes you… are AHMAYZINGGGGGGG!
Take time to work on your heart and your mind, and in time you will be able to see this on a daily basis.
You. Are. Wonderful.
I’ve decided to do this as a sort of series for SHYB, I’ll post ideas as they come to me, but as an art student and someone who always wants something fun to do I thought this would be good for you guys to decorate your rooms with, your lockers with, etc!
Let me know in my ask box if you love the idea and reblog if you plan on doing it yourself! Submit photos of your Self Love Creations as well :) <3
SO LET IT BEGIN!
Self Love Reminder Jars.
Go to your local wallmart, grocery store, even goodwill or salvation army! Pick up a mason jar (if you can only get them in packs then make these for friends too!).
Now you can leave your mason jar as is, or decorate it if you’d like, a fun way I suggest is to take Modge Podge (found in wallmart, canadian tire, lowes) and paint it on the inside of your jar and then pour your favourite colour glitter into the jar till it covers the entire thing. For a more visual description of how to do this here is a video Ingrid made doing the same thing to a candle jar
Then when you are finished this and are waiting for this to dry, rip up small pieces of paper and write positive things about yourself, be it physical, or your great qualities or write down dreams you have and you want to achieve! enough so the jar is full to the brim, and screw on the lid.
On top of the lid
Write “You Are Beautiful” or create a really cool glittered lid to go with it!
Whenever you feel down and need some lifting up, take the jar and read one of the notes or however many you need to read to make you feel better <3
Or keep it by your bed and read it every morning when you wake up, and every night before you go to bed!
Beauty is all around us, fill yourself up with something beautiful and spread it to others!
I hope you all have a really great Tuesday, and have a great time making these!
Response video for the Mom’s View: How We Feel About Our Bodies
Links Mentioned In Video: Show Her She’s Wonderful Fundraiser
If you guys haven’t had a chance to watch the Mom’s View or their most recent video, go for it they’re wonderful people!
(Source: aloverstale, via )
I’m still accepting donations to hopefully get our thermometer moving here!
If you care to donate as little ast 50 cents to as much as 50 dollars go right ahead!!
Just follow this link!
Read more to understand the cause: