This is a place of encouragement, a place to discuss body image, insecurities, self-esteem, and everything under the umbrella of fighting self-hate and finding self-love.
No matter what you look like, what color, what gender, sexual orientation, what size or however many "flaws", healthy, not healthy, working on it, abled, disabled, we are all human, we all deserve to be happy, we all deserve to love ourselves. With this blog you will see all kinds of REAL bodies, REAL people, REAL stories.
-PLEASE READ FAQ before messaging
-BE AWARE some posts may be triggering depending on submissions, check for trigger warnings and tags. Also any harassment will be met with blocking and a report to Tumblr Support
(Images of Self love from SelfLoveU.com Credit to: Jenna Ryan)
Self love is a tricky one, you can’t gain it without sad realizations that maybe not everyone out in this world is there for you, that maybe not everyone out there in the world will like the way you look. You have to learn to accept your differences, and your “imperfections”, you have to realize that you aren’t always strong enough to handle situations on your own. It also means that sometimes being alone, and your own best friend is all you’ll have so make peace with yourself now, otherwise it will be harder when that time comes.
These are some things I’ve learned the hard way, and I thought I’d make a list to help you all have an easier time of it. You’re amazing, learn to realize that as soon as you can, because when you do, you’ll be so happy.
1) Admitting Your Mistakes: harbouring negative prideful feelings just perpetuates unneeded negativity and stress in your life. If you’re trying to cover up a mistake, or draw attention away from it, you’re creating an overwhelming task for yourself just based on your own pride. Accept that you made a mistake, and take that in stride when you move forward!
2) Blissfully Being Alone 3) Your Own Best Friend: SO IMPORTANT! You cannot be happy with others be that intimately or just as friends without first learning to be happy with yourself alone. Without this you become dependent on your counterparts and being alone is a much more difficult experience causing anxiety and loneliness.
4) Forgive Yourself! Sometimes we all make mistakes, it’s hard and it’s painful but holding in that sadness and self doubt and hate only perpetuates your suffering when there is no need. Recently I lost a lot of important photos because of computer trouble, it wasn’t my fault but I took on this responsibility and hated myself for what happened. Only when I talked about how I was feeling and let it all out was I able to realize that it would all be okay, the world hadn’t stopped and I could keep going and learn from this. YOU NEED TO FORGIVE YOURSELF!
5) Facing Reality: Life doesn’t work the way you want it to in most cases, you need to realize this sooner than later. End of story.
6) Ask for help!: Sometimes our own pride gets in the way of our potential to grow and progress in our work, and in our lives. You need to ask for help if you have difficulties with something! It is better to ask and succeed, than to let your pride get into the way causing you to fail in a more obvious and substantial way in the end.
7) Take Time for Hobbies: As an artist I know how important this truly is, taking time for yourself and what you enjoy aside from work and family life is very important. You need the time to get inspired, grow emotionally/intellectually and live life to the fullest! ALWAYS TAKE THE CHANCES YOU HAVE TO HAVE FUN!
8) Embrace “Imperfections”: We’re never going to attain perfection in societies eyes, so before you say your freckles, belly rolls, thunder thighs, scrawny wrists/ankles, thin hair, thick hair, curly hair, straight hair, dark skin, olive skin, pasty white skin, etc; are bad things- THEY’RE NOT! It’s what separates you from the rest!
9) Bonding With Yourself: take time every week to wind down and have your own time, if you have the money go out for a spa day, if you don’t? Have your own at home spa day making all natural products! Get a book you love, go someplace nostalgic, go see a movie alone that you’ve been wanting to see!
In the end, it’s all about self love, and you need to work hard to maintain it but it is so worth it in the end!
I hope you all find your happiness!
I’m sorry i hated you so much.
I never really had a reason to, since you’re here and you work pretty well.
Though we might’ve had some differences and got angry at eachother
you’re perfectly fine the way you are.
So thank you
I will treat your right.
I’m 20 days into NFN and this is the first I’m blogging about it. Partly because I didn’t think I’d make it this long, but mostly because I wanted to see if I could hold myself accountable for something this far outside my comfort zone without that voice in my head saying, “But Tumblr’s watching, you have to do it!”
Basically, NFN is this thing of where I’m not dolling myself up one single day this month. I’m learning to like the way my natural face and nails look. I’m learning to feel comfortable being in public in “sloppy” attire. I’m learning to like the natural wave in my hair. I am learning to forgo what looks good in lieu of living in a way that feels good.
“I don’t give a damn what men find attractive. It’s unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same.” — Fabienne, Pulp Fiction