PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE BODY POSITIVE COMMUNITY:
- please stop excluding and shaming people with eating disorders
- eating disorders need to STOP being associated with girls who are shallow & vapid & image-obsessed. I am tired of people with eating disorders being shamed by shit like “real women eat”.
- It’s awesome if you love your body, or if you have a healthy relationship with food. Truly, that’s wonderful. But stop acting like you are superior to people who don’t. Eating disorders are diseases. Like drug addiction, like an anxiety disorder, like anything else.
- People with eating disorders do not RATIONALLY think that being skinny is the most important thing in the world. It’s a mental illness, which are inherently irrational and not based on politics or personal beliefs.
- people with body image issues or EDs are not the enemy to the body positive community. stop alienating. let’s all unite.
the body positive community is really important to me & I’m really tired of feeling judged and excluded by hateful ableists