The People Behind Stop Hating Your Body (SHYB)
- Personal Blog: http://annieelainey.tumblr.com
- Location: Miami, Florida, USA
- Bio: Annie created SHYB in October 2010, as a platform for awareness and knowledge in the world of body image. She dealt with abuse and bullying that led her to an extreme self-perception and self-esteem issue, as well as depression. In 2009 she was confronted about these issues and took steps towards getting better, she removed negative influences/people from her life, she practiced thinking about herself in a new and positive way, made vulnerable choices even though she was scared, and eventually found herself with a great sense of body peace. Upon finding this happiness with herself, she wanted to share body peace with the world and hopes to inspire people to make the effort to change the way they think about their bodies, to learn to love the bodies they are in!
- Location: Somerset, UK
- Personal Blog: http://beingbelle.tumblr.com
- Bio: Elle joined the SHYB team in 2011, helping to queue submissions and answer questions. Elle has dealt with diagnosed Body Dismorphic Disorder for years and it is a fight that she is winning, but a current battle none-the-less. She found the SHYB project incredibly inspirational towards finding body peace and was thrilled at the invitation to be a part of it. Her self-perception has improved greatly and she hopes to inspire people with BDD to take the steps necessary to see themselves clearly again, to see themselves as beautiful.
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Personal Blog: http://randomlancila.tumblr.com/
- Bio: Amber joined the SHYB team in 2011, helping to queue submissions and answer questions. She has battled and overcome bullying and mental illness. She is a fat/size activist, fighting fatphobia and general size discrimination. She hopes to inspire people with insecurities of any kind to realize that all bodies are good bodies, regardless of health, size, disability, or ‘flaws’. She also has a blog dedicated to battling misinformation about fat bodies and stigmas.
- Location: Fonthill, Ontario, CA
- Personal Blog: http://aloverstale.tumblr.com
- Bio: Katie joined the SHYB team in 2011 to help with queueing of submissions and answering questions. She has dealt with bullying, depression, and BDD. She has overcome a lot and hopes to raise money for Girls Inc! by using her blog http://showhersheswonderful.tumblr.com/. She pledges to encourage and empower people to love themselves for who they are and whatever skin they are in.